Albany Biblical Counseling Services
Counseling is available for children, singles and couples that may have a wide range of needs. There are single or group sessions available for some counseling areas. Please inquire with the receptionist.
Appointments are limited because of the demand from the community and may take up to 2 weeks to be seen. If one is serious the sooner that they complete intake paperwork, the sooner they can be seen.
The Premarital Counseling process is a very thorough program of assessment and works with the communication needs of a couple to be married.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT BEFORE AND DURING COUNSELING?
- Biblical solutions for daily living
- TRUTH and CONFIDENTIALLY
- To be treated with LOVE and RESPECT
- To discuss your path while considering God’s direction
- Accountability through reconciliation and healing
- The God of the Bible is the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of the universe.
- Man was created in God’s image as a responsible being.
- Sin, which is thinking or acting independently of God, results in misery, both temporal and eternal.
- The Bible is the only complete and authoritative textbook which was written specifically to provide both the answers to man’s behavioral problems and the means for man’s behavioral changes.
- Apart from organically caused factors, all of man’s voluntary thought and behavior is moral, for which man is responsible before God and neighbor.
- Every functional behavioral problem which man experiences is a result of failure to love God or man or both as the Bible commands.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is a prerequisite for biblical change and obedience on the part of the counselee.
- The only behavioral changes in man which are pleasing to God and are ultimately beneficial to man are those which are affected by means of the Holy Spirit applying the Word of God in sanctifying power to the will and mind in accordance with the Word.
- All methodology must grow out of biblical principles and practices.
- Counselors (and counselees) should expect and see results from biblical counseling.
- Biblical counseling requires and includes church discipline where it is biblically necessary. Thus, biblical counseling should ultimately be done under the leadership of the local church.